Today’s update brings a slew of under-the-hood changes which make Lightkey’s fixture profiles even smarter. For example, fixtures with cross-channel dependencies are now handled better, and the Movement Speed, Color Temperature, Green Saturation, Shutter, and Focus properties have been improved. We have revised all built-in profiles to take advantage of the new features. To use the updated profiles, open the Fixture Manager and drag the profiles from the library to your fixtures.
While we were at it we have also added support for the Eurolite USB-DMX512-PRO MK2 interface and improved MIDI control, alignment guides, and the DMX Output window.
Smarter Fixture Profiles
- Fixture profiles can now specify the exact beam angle for the Preview.
- Added a native Movement Speed property.
- We now support an Operation Mode property which can determine the functions of other channels.
- The Color Temperature property now has an option for disabling CTC. Added a Color Temperature Fine property.
- New Green Saturation property (coarse and fine).
- Added support for Focus inversion.
- Added more random color/gobo options.
- Added more prism types.
- Additional shutter state options.
Improved Fixture Editor
- Simplified the process for replacing the profiles for multiple fixtures.
- Added a progress indicator while the fixture library is updated.
- The number of channels can now be changed in the personalities dialog.
- Improved fixture editor warnings.
- Added suggestions for Custom property names.
- Fixture profiles load much faster.
- Many more minor improvements.
- Support for 14-bit values in MIDI Control Change messages.
- Improved MIDI feedback for controllers with multi-color LEDs.
- Fixed an issue when synchronizing to MainStage through MIDI Clock.
- Added support for the Eurolite USB-DMX512-PRO MK2 interface.
- The DMX Output window provides a new view for conveniently checking a fixture’s DMX output.
- The universe view in the DMX Output window now highlights the selected fixtures.
- Smarter alignment guides in the Preview and Live view.