Lightkey 2.3 is here! This version introduces PAR and moving head arrays which appear as multiple icons in the Preview. LED PARs now show the state of each individual LED. We’ve updated hundreds of profiles in the fixture library to take advantage these new features.
Forthermore, you can now limit the pan and tilt ranges for moving heads and scanners in the redesigned calibration HUD. For example, if a moving light is close to a wall, you may want to avoid pointing it directly at the wall.
As always, there are a slew of other small improvements throughout the application. Oh, and Lightkey now speaks Italian too.
Better Fixture Preview
- Added two new fixture types: PAR Array and Moving Head Array. Each “head” appears as a separate icon in the Preview.
- The Position property now applies to each individual head of a moving head array.
- Individual LEDs of a PAR or moving head can now be shown and selected in the Preview. Several beam layouts are supported: Grid, rings, hexagons.
- We have updated the fixture library to take advantage these new features. To use the updated profiles, open the Fixture Manager and drag the profiles from the library to your fixtures.
Improved Fixture Editor
- New user interface for editing beam layouts.
- LED strips can now have up to 64 individual beams.
- New Add Channel Above command.
- CMY channels can now be inverted (from full color to white)
Calibration and Position Control
- Redesigned user interface for calibrating moving and stationery fixtures.
- You can now limit a moving light’s pan and tilt ranges in the calibration HUD.
- Improved user interface for editing movement paths.
New Toolbar Buttons
- New toolbar button showing actions for the selected fixtures.
- New toolbar button for quickly adding effects.
- When changing a cue’s speed, any effects continue to run seamlessly.
- Lightkey is now available in Italian.